Ethical management principles
All executives and staff members of NDS aim for "ICT company that walks the path of righteousness doing the best with honesty and sincerity"
Proclamation of ethical management
Executives and staff members of NDS take 2015 to be the first year of ethical management to be reborn as "ICT company that walks the path of righteousness doing the best with honesty and sincerity" and a new resolution in May of 2015. We will fulfill all responsibilities for shareholders, customers, nation and community without ending in mere gesture.
We respect order of free competition market and principle of fair competition to put ethical management into practice and enhance enterprise value through management that observes all regulations of the nation and regions which leads to co-prosperity with the persons concerned.
We will establish and practice ethical management that serves as principle of standard and behavior for right value judgment to build a clean image of NDS.
All executives and staff members of NDS
Code of ethics
We shall make a resolution to practice the followings that all NDS men should share and observe to build. "ICT company that walks the path of righteousness doing the best with honesty and sincerity".
- 1. We shall sympathize with management philosophy that NDS pursues and fulfill all responsibilities and roles.
- 2. We shall put customers before anything else.
- 3. We shall respect principle of free competition and take the lead in healthy development of industry.
- 4. We shall make contributions to development of the nation, society and protection of environment.
Chapter 1 Ethics of executives and staff members
We shall sympathize with management philosophy that NDS pursues and fulfill all responsibilities and roles.
1-1 Basic ethics
1) shall take a pride as executives and staff members and be honest and sincere at all times.
2) We shall make an effort to improve personal dignity and honor of the company with high sense of value.
3) We shall observe regulations and shall not do anything that goes against conscience in performing duties.
1-2 Accomplishment of mission
We shall share NDS’ management philosophy and vision and fulfill responsibilities with creation and sincerity.
1-3 Self development
We shall make a constant effort to become a competent person who is suitable to an era of internationalization through continuous self development.
1-4 Fair performance of duties
1) Executives and staff members shall perform duties fairly while observing regulations and law.
2) Executives and staff members shall not perform unethical and illegal activities such as unfair direction, request or special favor which becomes a subject of criticism.
1-5 Prohibition of making unfair profits
1) Executives and staff members shall not seek unfair profits by making bad use of position.
2) Executives and staff members shall not provide money and valuables and entertainment that can impede fairness to persons concerned with duties.
1-6 Drawing a line between public life and private one
1) Executives and staff members shall draw a line between public life and private one in performing duties.
2) Executives and staff members shall not give damages to the nation by making use of company’s assets or budgets for personal use.
3) Executives and staff members shall not use in-house system for online games, gambling or for visits to pornographic websites during business hours.
1-7 Relationships between executives and staff members
1) Executives and staff members shall respect each other and shall not harass others by arrogant attitude or slander.
2) Executives and staff members shall not discriminate against anyone based on their educational background, gender, religion, blood relation, regionalism or skin color.
3) Executives and staff members shall not make unfair requests, bribes and money transactions for each other which cannot be accepted by social norms.
4) Superiors shall not give unfair directions to subordinates and subordinates shall follow fair directions of superiors but reject unfair directions.
5) Executives and staff members shall not perform behavior that causes sexual humiliation each other.
1-8 Healthy life
1) Executives and staff members shall take a pride as NDS men and reject empty formalities and vanity, live frugally and have healthy leisure activities.
2) Executives and staff members shall make efforts to take good care of others’ family events and avoid giving a notice of family event to persons concerned with duties and spend expenditure for congratulations and condolences in a reasonable manner.
1-9 Transparent information and accounting management
1) Executives and staff members shall acquire and manage all information in a fair and transparent manner and record information such as accounting record accurately.
2) Executives and staff members shall not disclose or use confidential information to the third party without prior permission or approval of the company.
3) Executives and staff members shall not give a false or exaggerated report for the interest of person or department and conceal or monopolize important information.
4) The committee shall enhance transparency and reliability of management by making an official announcement of management information in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
Chapter 2 Ethics for customers
We put customers before anything else
2-1 Respect for customers
Executives and staff members shall respect customers, put themselves in customers’ shoes and put customers before anything else under the motto that customers are our foundation and goal
2-2 Customer satisfaction
1) Executives and staff members shall make sustained efforts to understand customers’ needs and expectation accurately to provide the best goods and service to customers.
2) Executives and staff members shall listen and accept customers’ opinions and suggestions and handle customers’ complaints as rapidly and fairly as possible.
2-3 Protection of customers’ interests
1) Executives and staff members shall protect assets, intellectual property rights, trade secrets and information of customers and shall not infringe on customers’ interests by committing an immoral act.
2) Executives and staff members shall provide information that customers should know to customers rapidly and accurately.
Chapter 3 Ethics for business partners
We shall respect free competition and take the lead in healthy development of industry
3-1 Compliance with transaction regulations
Executives and staff members shall comply with all relevant regulations and respect trade customs at home and abroad when operating activities at home and abroad.
3-2 Pursuit of free competition
Executives and staff members shall respect an order of market economy in accordance with principle of free competition and have a fair competition based on mutual respect.
3-3 Fair transaction
1) Executives and staff members shall give an equal opportunity to person or entity that is eligible for bidding and contract on purchase, service, construction etc.
2) Executives and staff members shall ensure that all transactions should be conducted fairly and transparently.
3) Executives and staff members shall not make an excessive and unfair demand by making bad use of prominent position in transaction.
4) Executives and staff members shall make an integrity pact and observe it in transaction.
3-4 Equal opportunities
1) Company shall provide eligible businesses at home and abroad with an equal opportunity to participate in transaction.
2) Registration and selection of accounts shall be made in accordance with objective and fair examination standards in a reasonable manner.
3) Company shall take a method that enables the persons concerned to evaluate comparative advantage such as business information session in an objective manner.
4) Company shall observe basic guidelines on selection of new subcontractors.
3-5 Pursuit of mutual development
1) Company shall give a full support to subcontractors through tangible and intangible assistance and guidance so that they can grow with competitiveness.
2) Company shall cooperate with accounts to create and maintain transparent and fair transaction.
3-6 Other unfair practices
1) Liability transaction (borrowing, guarantee) shall not be allowed.
2) Gambling with employees of subcontractors shall not be allowed.
3) Company shall not acquire shares or assets directly or indirectly.
4) Executives and staff members will follow principle and shall not make a deal with subcontractors who are related by blood or relationship. However, this shall not apply if they report a transaction and gain approval from NDS.
5) Executives and staff members shall not be employed by subcontractors.
6) Executives and staff members shall not solicit and receive sponsorship from subcontractors for club activities, department events etc.
3-7 Reception of subcontractors
1) Executives and staff members shall respect employees of subcontractors and observe the proprieties when talking with them in person or by phone.
2) Executives and staff members shall handle complaints from subcontractors in accordance with prescribed procedures.
3) Executives and staff members shall keep an appointment with subcontractors. Executives and staff members shall not make visitors wait for a long time. If it is not possible to keep an appointment, executives and staff members shall ask for understanding in advance.
Chapter 4 Ethics for the nation, society and environment
We shall make contributions to development of the nation, society and protection of environment.
4-1 Contribution to development of the nation and society
1) Executives and staff members shall make a contribution to development of the nation and society by developing NDS into solid enterprise through reasonable and responsible management.
2) Company shall give a full support for cultural and economic development of community and employees’ participation in social activities.
4-2 Pursuit of eco-friendly management
1) Executives and staff members shall observe international standards, relevant laws and regulations which are related to environmental protection.
2) Executives and staff members shall take the lead in environmental protection by reducing pollutants as much as possible in accordance with environmental policy.
4-3 Prohibition of unfair political activities
1) Company shall not be involved in politics unfairly. Company shall not provide illegal contribution or expenses to political parties, politicians and candidates.
2) Company shall respect political opinion of executives and staff members. Executives and staff members shall be careful so their personal political opinion is not mistaken for company’s political opinion.